Bipolar Disorders in Washington State
Free by the Sea, located in the State of Washington, focuses on providing patients with the highest standard of treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. We know there’s a strong connection between substance abuse and bipolar disorder, so we’ve developed a specialized program to handle the specific needs of people who struggle with bipolar disorder. Free by the Sea offers counseling that provides bipolar patients with a high degree of treatment and the best possible odds of recovery.
Serving the Pacific Northwest, including Washington (Seattle), Oregon (Portland), and Alaska.
A Guide to Bipolar Disorders
A variety of conditions fall under the bipolar disorder category that cover a wide range of emotions. People struggling with bipolar disorders endure an enormous range of emotional ups and downs. The emotional experience may involve severe depression lasting weeks or months, as well as episodes of mania that cause erratic, high-risk behaviors and extreme energy levels.
Individuals who have received a diagnosis of bipolar disorder are often diagnosed with type I or type II. People suffering from this condition frequently attempt to control their severe mood swings and emotional instability by using drugs or alcohol to self-medicate. The staff at Free by the Sea consists of recovering addicts who know all too well that drugs and alcohol often seem like appealing solutions to unaddressed health issues. They have been helping other addicts along the path of recovery for years, and they possess ample skill in helping others overcome the fears associated with rehab. Free by the Sea also gives patients the support necessary to cope with the fluctuating emotions that are so common with bipolar disorder.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder sufferers frequently experience overwhelming periods of depression followed by the high energy and euphoria caused by mania. The mood swings tend to cycle in such a way that the patient feels helpless and unable to control themselves. Some of the symptoms of each stage are as follows:
- Intractable fatigue
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling hopeless or empty inside
- Thinking of harming or killing oneself
- Disturbances in sleeping or eating patterns
- Losing interest in hobbies or previously enjoyable activities
- Insomnia and difficulty staying asleep
- Irrational, disproportionate, or unprovoked anger or rage
- Aggressive or violent behavior
- Extreme irritability
- Very high energy and activity levels
- Euphoria and feelings of power or invincibility
- Loss of appetite and subsequent weight loss, which may be unhealthy in normal-weight individuals
Much like any other underlying health condition that accompanies substance addiction, bipolar disorders should be treated as well if the patient is to have a real chance at a successful recovery. Patients who have been using alcohol and drugs to manage the symptoms associated with bipolar disorder require counseling and managed medication to achieve the best possible outcome.
At Free by the Sea, we go to significant lengths to help patients with bipolar disorder realize their substance abuse may result from an attempt to medicate themselves. Our facility provides treatment with respect and dignity. We don’t believe in keeping patients locked up, and you’ll never suffer humiliation and violations of privacy by being forced to wear a hospital gown.
Besides treating the symptoms of bipolar disorder and helping people cope with them throughout recovery, our facility also helps patients cope with the difficult drug and alcohol withdrawal process. Most of the time, patients come to us because they’re desperate for help, which often occurs long after the patient has realized they have a problem. Since we provide these people with comfort, counseling, care, and a specialized program for addressing co-occurring conditions, we help bipolar people who are addicted to deal better with the withdrawal and overcome their addiction.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
Start beating your addiction today. Addiction doesn’t just impact you; it also hurts your friends and loved ones. Our goal is to help you halt the cycle of addiction to help both you and the people you love.
If you neglect treatment, it’s a matter of time before your addiction destroys your life. Please contact us today to learn more about the ways Free by the Sea can help you get sober and stay sober.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is located in the beautiful State of Washington. We are a top addiction treatment center with a strong belief in helping people while treating them with dignity. By offering both group and individual counseling, we enable patients with a dual diagnosis to receive the necessary support in coping with their substance abuse and psychological condition. To find out more, please contact us today.