EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing in Washington State
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a newer approach in dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for men and women. The therapy focuses on addressing the emotions of a traumatic event rather than the traumatic event itself. Free by the Sea, a Washington-based rehabilitation center, specializes in dual diagnosis and co-occurring treatment with EMDR and other therapies.
Serving the Pacific Northwest, including Washington (Seattle), Oregon (Portland), and Alaska.
What Is EMDR?
A form of psychotherapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a nontraditional method designed to reduce the negative emotions experienced after traumatic events. The goal is to focus on the emotions and feelings vs. the traumatic event that triggered them.
When Is EMDR Used?
At Free by the Sea we treat depression, stress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and phobias with EMDR. This form of therapy can also be used to treat stress caused by diseases like schizophrenia, and eating disorders.
How Does EMDR Work?
After a traumatic event there are sometimes a set of negative emotions that linger. EMDR focuses on associating positive emotions in place of the negative emotions. The replacement of negative emotions with positive emotions happens in 8 stages and encourages healthier behavior and social interactions. The goal of EMDR therapy is to allow individuals to handle stressful situations on their own in a positive manner.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
If you believe you or a loved one is suffering from addiction or mental illness, make sure to contact us at 800-264-5899 for additional information on just how Free by the Sea can help set people’s lives back on the right track. EMDR may be a treatment option that can help you or a loved one overcome addiction or mental illness and reclaim their life.
Contact Free by the Sea
At Free by the Sea, we are committed to bringing individuals and their families the help required to rebuild their health and lives. We’re a nationally recognized treatment program located in the State of Washington that specializes in alcohol and drug addiction that provides services to men, women, and families affected by addiction and mental illness. Contact us today.