Marijuana Rehab in Washington State
Free by the Sea is a rehab treatment facility that can help individuals rebuild their lives if they are ready to prevent the ongoing cycle of relapse from marijuana use. Located in the State of Washington, we can help them regain control of their lives.
Serving the Pacific Northwest, including Washington (Seattle), Oregon (Portland), and Alaska.
Although prescription medications have been used for the recovery of addiction, there is no one pill that can treat the abuse of marijuana. People who find themselves using marijuana every day and who are unable to break free from the cycle of use need to reaffirm their sobriety each day as new temptations and obstacles arise. They cannot take a pill or undergo a procedure to quit the addiction permanently. Sobriety from marijuana requires work for the rest of their lives to avoid and move past temptation.
Committing to abstinence every morning might seem like a somewhat easy thing to do, but people who need marijuana to sleep, work, or stave off anxiety often find that abstinence is hard. The Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment has published studies that show that 71% or more of adults who completely abstain from marijuana relapse during the first six months. Many people take the first step by getting a detox or joining a support group, but relapse becomes a big worry as temptations slowly begin to present themselves.
The statistics and facts might appear disheartening and make many people wonder how they can be sober permanently. We at Free by the Sea believe that the answer lies in a targeted recovery program tailored to each individual that moves well beyond treating the side effects of marijuana addiction. Our treatment cuts to the root of the problem and includes ongoing support. With the proper treatment and an open mind, it is possible to abstain from marijuana use permanently.
What Is Marijuana Abuse?
Generally, marijuana abuse is classified as using the substance even though it has a negative effect on other facets of the individuals’ lives, such as their personal relationships and careers. As the risky behavior continues, marijuana abuse can lead to addiction, so the individuals have trouble waking up and getting through a day without using it. Over the long term, the substance abuse can increase your chance of moving on to more dangerous, addictive, and stronger drugs and substances.
Why Is Marijuana Addiction So Hard to Overcome?
When any mind- and body-altering substance is used for a long period, some level of dependency can form. After individuals try to stop using marijuana without the appropriate assistance, they could experience side effects for the first week or two before the symptoms of withdrawal subside.
Some of the most common side effects of withdrawal are the following:
- An intense desire to smoke marijuana, drink alcohol or use other drugs
- Inexplicable and sudden mood swings
- Loss of appetite
What Are the Signs of Marijuana Abuse?
If you think someone close to you is having trouble with an addiction to marijuana or is abusing the substance, there are several common signs that you can look for, such as the following:
- A decline in work or school performance
- Anxiety and paranoia
- Bloodshot eyes
- Chronic cough
- Distorted perception of reality
- Drug-related legal problems
- Hunger or “munchies”
- Lying about marijuana use
- Neglecting work, school, or personal responsibilities
- Participating in behaviors that are considered risky, such as driving under the influence
- Respiratory problems
- Trouble keeping relationships
What Is Marijuana Abuse Treatment?
Treatment for marijuana abuse involves a system that quickly and permanently puts a stop to the use of marijuana. Outpatient and inpatient programs involve a range of options such as learning life skills, group therapy, stress management, relapse prevention techniques, and one-on-one counseling. Most individuals who are abusing marijuana will join an outpatient program that offers a customized plan based on the severity of their addiction and their history.
What Is Marijuana Dependency (Marijuana Addiction)?
Over the years, addictions have become classified as mental illnesses that physically change the mind and body. Individuals who are addicted to marijuana go out of their way to acquire and use the substance even though doing so is causing damage to their lives and the lives of the people around them. The four symptoms common with marijuana addiction are as follows:
- Intense Cravings — Individuals will have cravings to use marijuana anytime they are not high.
- Loss of Control — They cannot stop using the substance without help.
- Tolerance — Addicts have to use more and more marijuana to achieve the same high.
- Physical Dependence — They are unable to function as normal unless they have used the substance recently, and they will experience symptoms of withdrawal when they are not high.
A lack of willpower is not what prevents people from stopping marijuana use. The illness they are dealing with is serious and requires professional assistance and treatment to overcome.
What Are the Risk Factors for Marijuana Addiction?
A marijuana addiction can develop no matter the age, gender, ethnicity, or race of an individual. However, other factors could increase the risk of an individual developing an addiction, such as the following:
- Family history of substance abuse
- Growing up in a dysfunctional home
- Having a positive first experience with drug use, such as euphoria
- History of substance abuse
- Low self-esteem
- Ongoing peer pressure
- Previous trauma such as sexual or physical abuse
Being exposed to only one of these factors does not generally lead to marijuana addiction. Rather, a combination of external and internal factors lead to a person becoming addicted. While there is no way to predict exactly who is at risk for addiction or who will become addicted, people who notice the signs of abuse in themselves or others should seek help immediately.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
You have so many reasons to be admitted to a rehabilitation center and cease the destructive cycle of addiction that wreaks havoc on you and your loved ones. When marijuana addiction is left untreated, it takes everything from the addicts. Contact the Free by the Sea facility today for more information about how we can provide assistance.
Contact Free by the Sea
Located in the State of Washington, Free by the Sea is recognized across the United States as a treatment center with the tools to assist marijuana addicts with recovery. Feel free to contact us today to see how our staff can help.