PTSD / Trauma in Washington State
Post-traumatic stress disorder is often associated with first responders and military, but PTSD can impact anyone who has survived a stressful life event. At Free by the Sea, located in the State of Washington, substance abusers can undergo a holistic personality disorder treatment along with overcoming their addiction to alcohol and drugs. Free by the Sea has a variety of treatments, including safe medications, individual psychotherapy, and family counseling to help clients cope with their mental illness.
Serving the Pacific Northwest, including Washington (Seattle), Oregon (Portland), and Alaska.
What is PTSD?
The formal name for PTSD is post-traumatic stress disorder. It most commonly occurs in men and women who have experienced or witnessed something extremely traumatic and/or stressful. Serving in war, witnessing an individual be harmed, surviving physical or emotional abuse, living through a near-death experience… these are all events that may cause a man or woman to develop PTSD. Often, PTSD manifests in a physical reaction that may or may not include:
- Increased breathing, possibly sounding labored
- Sweating uncontrollably
- Muscle tension all over
- High blood pressure
- Extremely fast heart rate
What Traumatic Events Can Trigger PTSD?
- Car crash
- Terrorist attack
- Natural disaster
- Violent injury
- War or combat
- Witnessing a violent attack or death
- Near death experience
How does Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Treatment Help PTSD?
Sometimes an individual suffering from addiction is struggling with PTSD and has never been properly diagnosed. At Free by the Sea we offer dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment, which addresses both addition and mental health concerns. We treat addiction and PTSD simultaneously, which increased the rate of success.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Professional staff including psychiatrists, addictionologist and psychologist.
- Medical team includes Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse and Physician’s Assistant
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Dual diagnosis and stress treatments are an ideal method for improving addition and PTSD. It’s important to ensure the individual receives treatment for both addition and any underlying mental health issues, including PTSD. Contact us for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
When an individual is ready to quit abusing alcohol or drugs and wants to treat PTSD, they can contact Free by the Sea at 907-331-0724 for an evaluation. By spending time in a professional rehabilitation program in the State of Washington, an individual can focus on their recovery from substance abuse while improving their lifestyle to have a bright future.