Types of Drug Addiction in Washington State
Located in the State of Washington, Free by the Sea has a friendly and experienced staff ready to help anyone who has the courage to permanently beat their drug addiction.
Serving the Pacific Northwest, including Washington (Seattle), Oregon (Portland), and Alaska.
A drug addiction is a dangerous and progressive disease that will eventually destroy almost every facet of one’s life. There is no single factor that determines who can casually use drugs and who will quickly develop an addiction, but not treating this condition is a potentially life-threatening mistake. Drug addictions can take place in people of every age, ethnicity, and walk of life, and no two addictions are exactly the same. Personalized and comprehensive treatment plans are vital to the success of one’s rehabilitation.
Most Common Types of Addiction
Almost any chemical or foreign substance that alters one’s mind can be addictive. Within the United States, some of the most common addictions are the following:
- Prescription medication (painkillers, stimulants, anti-anxiety pills)
While many addicts feel as if they can control their drug us and continue to functionally normally, almost everyone who is addicted to drugs will end up in the hospital at some point in their life.
Signs and Symptoms of Drug Addiction
One of the reasons drug abuse can take place for so many years without being recognized is the fact that there are no two identical addictions. Many times, an addict will continue using and abusing drugs for years on end and feel as if it has little or no effect on them. Unfortunately, the irreversible psychological, emotional, and physical effects will eventually become apparent. The symptoms of a drug addiction will change for each person, but some common types of side effects are the following:
While under the influence of drugs or during withdrawal, addicts will often feel the following symptoms:
- Extreme energy followed by a crash
- A disconnect from reality
Friends and family members should keep an eye out for signs of drug abuse, such as the following:
- Erratic and unexplained behavior
- Declining performance at work or school
- Sleeping or being awake at odd hours
- Manic energy followed by a “crash”
- Mood swings including depression and irritability
- Legal trouble
- Stealing money
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Professional staff including psychiatrists, addictionologist and psychologist.
- Medical team includes Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse and Physician’s Assistant
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
An addiction is a disease that causes a person to actually lose control over drug use until it becomes the only priority. If you are ready to help yourself or a loved one, please contact Free by the Sea at 907-331-0724 for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
Too many things can go wrong when it comes to a long-term addiction without proper treatment. The staff at Free by the Sea, located in the State of Washington, can help you come up with a long-term treatment plan for all types of drug addictions. Contact us today.