Gambling Addiction Rehab in Washington State
Gambling is often thought of as a recreational activity, rather than an addiction. Yet, despite the seemingly harmless nature, gambling addiction can occur no matter what kind of bet you’re making, whether it’s a small bet on cards, a sports game, or slot machines. Free by The Sea offers many beneficial services alongside a healing and supportive environment of rehabilitation specialists. If you think you’re in need of help, call 800-264-5899 and schedule a free consultation today.
Serving the Pacific Northwest, including Washington (Seattle), Oregon (Portland), and Alaska.
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction often goes unnoticed until it begins to put a strain on a person’s everyday life. Gambling addiction is an impulse-control disorder. Men and women who suffer from a gambling addiction cannot exercise impulse control, and they will continue gambling despite the consequences, whether it is a gain or loss. Even without losing total control gambling can still be a disruptive behavior. Common signs of gambling addiction are gambling in secret, a lack of control over money, gambling when you don’t possess the funds and stashing money aside.
What are the Causes and Effects of Gambling?
Gambling can stem from a variety of reasons and can affect your life in many ways. Common reasons for gambling include the desire for excitement, the need for socialization, to escape from unpleasant thoughts and feelings, to resolve money issues, or to simply relax. Although seemingly reasonable and harmless, gambling can grow to become a nasty habit, affecting you financially, socially, and mentally as you become more devoted to feeding your addiction. Men and women throughout Washington facing gambling addiction may find they alienate their loved ones, are in debt, steal, or feel they can’t stop without additional help and guidance.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Professional staff including psychiatrists, addictionologist and psychologist.
- Medical team includes Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse and Physician’s Assistant
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Don’t Wait. Call Today.
When a gambling addiction is not managed, a gambling addict faces the potential of losing everything. Whether you are researching for you or a loved one we encourage you to reach out to us at Free by the Sea for support. Call 800-264-5899 and schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we can help end the cycle of gambling addiction.
Contact Free By the Sea
Recognizing addiction can be difficult, and at times, equally hard to address. If you or a loved one are struggling with gambling addiction, don’t be afraid to call 800-264-5899 to schedule a free consultation. Free by the Sea offers many available services to help address addiction and begin the path to recovery. It’s never too late to start.